I didn’t get around too much this week to blogging, sadly. I was fairly busy, but I also found that I really didn’t have a whole lot to say. I didn’t want to force things – I’d rather write from a place of realism rather than dragging something out, kicking and screaming.
In some ways it was a big week. It was a month this week since I started culling people from my life. I’ve decided that it’s not worth being friends with someone just because they’re there, especially when all those people do is take, take, take. It’s funny – I found that I really don’t miss them all that much. I mean, sure, occasionally I wonder what they’re up to or how they are, but they’ve also made no effort to reach out to me, so I consider the matter to be closed.
I’ve made the decision that this week is the week I get back into the gym. I’ve got my diet nailed down pretty well, and overall I’m feeling good. I just need to bite the bullet and do it. I know once I do I’ll fall back into the routine pretty quickly, but getting started that first time is definitely the hardest part.
So. Highlights of the week.
- Dinner with my parents. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy spending time with my parents, but sometimes this feels like more of an obligation. Sometimes it just feels like there are a lot of things that I could be doing instead, but I also think it’s important to have a good relationship with my parents, even if we don’t agree on a lot of things. I do love them, but it can be exhausting. And because I’m a glutton for punishment we’ll be doing it again this week.
- Most of the days were good, productive days. Thursday night and Saturday night I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep, which pretty much killed getting a ton of things done those evenings, but sometimes you just need to kick back and relax. And then get a whole shitload of sleep.
- I mentioned getting my diet figured out. That includes getting back on the fasting bandwagon. I really only plan on doing this on 2-3 nonconsecutive days, but I fasted the last three days, at least 16 hours each time, to try and re-calibrate things and get my body used to it again. The first day was rough, but by the third I was back into the swing of it and my body remembered how this goes. It’s been awhile since I did this with any seriousness, and it felt good. Another thing I finally figured out is that not only I should I not always strive for the same calorie goal, but part of the trouble I was having was that I was severely underestimating how many calories I should be eating, average. At the end of the day my target is around 1600 a day, but I also plan on a 1400 day and an 1800 day. I don’t want to get my body too used to the same calorie intake every day. That’s not how we eat, and I’m starting to think that that’s not how we should diet, either, especially once you factor fasting into the equation.
- Spent some good quality time with the husband. We finally started watching The Mandalorian, and in two days we’ve knocked out 7 episodes. We also caught brunch at a new local breakfast place yesterday. It was phenomenal.
- I also finally got a budget mostly figured out. I have to wait to see what Mike’s pay is going to be every week, which I should know in the next week or two and then I can really nail it down. I feel like this will make me feel more financially secure – I know exactly what’s coming in and out each week, and I know how much “fun money” I have each week to spend or save for whatever extra I want. Clothes, body mods, hair, lunches out whatever.
Nothing else major, or even worth mentioning, really.
So that’s it. Week in review. Mental health is good. Home is good. Work is good. I guess nothing to report is really a good thing.