Two more shifts. As of Friday around 330-4, my 11 day vacation will start. I cannot wait. Literally. I’m practically vibrating I’m so ready.
Why yes, I have a lot of them.
In no particular order:
- getting my hair done
- getting waxed
- getting a daith piercing
- starting work on my sleeve
- hanging out with friends
- a livestream of a concert of one of my favorite bands
- getting out of town to Gettysburg for a few days
- starting to set up my new home office (no more blogging from the couch!)
- getting to see my aunt for the first time since… Christmas? Not long after that, at least
- working ahead a bit on the blog
- getting the house totally cleaned
I need a mental health break. It’s been four months since my last vacation from work, and the last four months have been rough both in and, in some respects, out of work. I want to do the things that I want to do for a week and a half, get up when I want to get up, see the people that I want to see. And I do not want to set foot in my store for 11 days (stupid coincidence is that I’m going to have to pick up a prescription – thank goodness for drive thru pharmacies). I want to update this blog with furniture building exploits, talk of piercings and tattoos, reviews of concerts, pictures of battlefields, and lots of book talk. I want to come out of this week and a half with a spring in my step and a new outlook on life.
Here’s to hoping.