- Being in the car all day sucks. I’m glad we got to go away for a few days, but that much driving in three days can be kind of rough.
- I bought an Erin Condren pencil case a few months ago with the intent of using it for makeup when I travel. I haven’t gotten the chance to use it until this weekend. It works perfectly.
- The education system in this country is seriously lacking. I overheard a conversation between a mom and her teenaged daughter while in Ulta this morning, in which the daughter asked what the holocaust was – she had heard the term on TikTok and didn’t know what it meant. Wat. How does a teenager get through that much school without learning about the Holocaust? The mom just kind of paled and told her they’d talk about it in the car. I agree that browsing or makeup is not the best place to educate your kid on that. But I’m concerned that that the kid was that old and had no idea.
- My cats are insane. Darwin has been aggressively cuddly recently; like getting into the middle of whatever you’re doing, no matter what you’re doing, and demanding pets. And if, for whatever reason, you can’t give them to him and try to push him off of whatever you’re doing, he gets mad. Sometimes he bites (like right now). But I’m sorry sweetheart, while I’m trying to chop vegetables is not the best time to try to climb up my chest to nuzzle my face. I think he’s taking a page out of Rosie’s playbook because she pulls that power-move often with varying success.
- The paranoia is back. Sort of. It started with the conviction that I was going to be fired before I went on vacation. Now it’s… a lot of things, including but not limited to work. I know it’s irrational, I know it’s not normal, but I can’t completely turn it off. I can tune it out, to a point, but it’s still there lurking in the background. If it continues through the weekend I’ll email my doc and see if we can up the Zyprexa for a few weeks to see if that helps. This is the most annoying part of my diagnoses. Especially since it’s a symptom of all of them! What fun.
- I’m watching an episode of SVU where the little girl’s name is Rosie. My Rosie the cat perks up every time someone yells her name. It’s really rather amusing as she makes this annoyed face when she realizes that no one important is actually calling her, or at least showing up to pet her.
- I don’t want to go back to work. I’m not due back until Wednesday but I already don’t want to go back. I really need to become independently wealthy or hit the lottery. One of the things that I’ve liked, though, is that for at least part of the day I’m the only one home. And it’s lovely. For 2.5 years time, since our roommate moved in, alone has become a hot commodity. And everyone has been in bed earlier. So I wake up, no one home. And by 9:30-10 they’re both in bed so….alone. It’s been lovely.
That’s it for now. Just a few thoughts bouncing around in my head.