week in review

Week in review – 12.13.2020

Despite my productivity over the last few weeks, I was a little less productive this week, but I feel better than I have. Well, at least today I have. I got a lot done at work today, and for once I wasn’t running out the door like I was trying to escape when I was “done.” Our store manager has become more and more absent, I guess is the right word, as he flirts with the pharmacist and spends most of his time there. As such, the rest of us have picked up more and more and dealt with things that we arguably shouldn’t be doing. Some of the other managers are starting to get annoyed, myself included. It’s a hard line to walk – do we say something? Do we wait until all of this implodes? I don’t know. I honestly don’t know how to handle this, so I’m keeping my head down and trying to watch from the sidelines.

Anyway, here’s the highlights of the week:

  • I mentioned that my tattoo appointment was a little rough, but the linework for the first part of the sleeve looks amazing. For the next appointment I just need to remember to get a good night’s sleep and eat something hearty before we do this. When it’s done it’s going to look amazing. I just need to sit through four or five more sessions before it’s finally complete, God help me. =D So far though, the tattoo is healing well.
  • I started baking for our annual Christmas boxes. I’ve gotten four batches of cookies done so far with who knows how many left to go. I’m thinking another 6 or 8. Maybe an even dozen different kinds of cookies. That way I can mix and match in the boxes. I’m seriously considering making a few times of macarons, but I don’t know if I want to spend that kind of time on one kind of cookie, even if they are totally awesome. I’ve got three more recipes on deck to make this week, maybe tomorrow? Possibly. We’ll see what I get done during the day.
  • I totally skipped workouts this week. I was feeling very much in a rut for most of the week, and needed a break. And of course! Now the gyms are shut down for almost a month. <insert angry emoji here> But I’m going to get back at this week with home workouts between BeachBody on demand (don’t judge – the workouts are legit even if the business model sucks ass). Diet was… better. Not perfect, but better. I’m trying to meal prep and meal plan more, and even with no workouts, I shed a little bit of weight.
  • Boundary setting is going well. Not only have I started dialing back on how many times I talk to family a week, but I’ve also been limiting the amount of time I’ve spent on the phone with him and also what I share with them. Conversations for my part tend to be very one-sided, and I generally just let them talk about whatever they want. Funnily, my mother seems happier this way. Wonder why. </sarcasm>
  • Sleep was a little fucked this week. Two days I came home from work and fell asleep on the couch while watching TV with Mike for a few hours, which then made it damn hard to get to sleep, and I’d generally only get another 4 hours or so. I finally forced myself to stay awake and then took a trazadone Thursday night and managed to sleep 10 uninterrupted hours. That seemed to reset the clock. I had no problem getting up early for work this morning, and I got a good night’s sleep last night. Hopefully that’s over, at least for now.
  • I got the TARDIS door and the furniture repainting done. Both projects turned out fantastically. Mike helped and painted the windows on the door and helped me get the hang of the spray paint primer. This is the site I used for the instructions. It was easy as pie, as both the chair and the ottoman were laminate and thus didn’t require sanding, according to the site. I may go back at some point and cover them with a clear coat, but right now I’m totally digging the matte finish of both pieces. They tie in very well with the rest of the room, and the dark-ish blue pads for both of them look great. I’m happy to say that both projects were easy, if not a little messy. I got no work on either blanket or the cross-stitch done, but these were fairly big one-time projects that are now done.
  • I got our Christmas cards in the mail (finally), and I noticed that while the pictures look great, I didn’t put our names on them! Gah! It looks like I’ll be hand-signing them all this year, which I’m not looking forward to. That’s on the list of things to do tomorrow. I want to get them into the mail by mid-week, if possible. I’d ask Mike to help but his handwriting, like most men, looks like he did it with his foot.

Nothing else to report, at least nothing that’s notable.

Stay safe, friends!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s