Hard to believe that here we are, at the end of another month. Where does time go anymore? I know the saying “time flies when you’re having fun,” but what about when you’re not having fun? Or just middling along? Time sure as hell seems to fly then, too.
Let’s jump right in, then, shall we?
- Mood wise, things are good. I think I mentioned this last post. The good, productive mood continues. But there’s always a little niggle in the back of my brain, questioning if this is the beginning of mania or if I’m just feeling good. I hate that voice. It makes me overly paranoid that my good mood is more than just normal eurythmia, that something awful is lurking right around the corner. Something big and bad and scary. It comes down to trust – do I trust my brain or not? The answer is almost always a resounding not. But for now I guess I’ll just ride the wave of good feeling and take it for what it is.
- I made it to the gym 4 times last week, and am shooting to get a workout in tonight, too, if timing works out correctly. I really do feel better when I’m working out more consistently. Endorphins, I guess. Either way, it’s definitely something to note, and make sure I keep it up with at least somewhat regularity.
- Home life is good. We’re adopting a kitten. It looks like I’m going to pick him or her up late next week. There are 4 to pick from, and I’d take any one of them. All four are all black, two boys and two girls. At least from the pictures they’re adorable. They’re about a two hour drive from here in another state, so I’m going to tackle that on a day off. I’ve got a long weekend coming from the 11th-14th so that’s perfect timing as I’ll have a few days that I can spend at home and monitor the situation and make sure everything is all good. I figure it’ll take a little bit of time for everyone to get used to each other (or in Rosie’s case, to make sure they know their place in the social hierarchy), and then we’ll be fine. At this point, all of the cats are used to other cats and us bringing cats into the house, so I’m hoping that things go smoothly. I see no reason why they wouldn’t.
- I just got very proud of myself for finishing today’s list already, and then I remembered that I want to work out (didn’t I literally just get done saying that? ugh), and I have to mail our state taxes and do our local taxes. Uuuuuuugh. I hate doing taxes. As it was once said, there are two certainties in life – death and taxes.
- In completely other news, I’m thinking about doing a coding boot camp. One, because I’d love to learn coding. And two, because it opens up another possible career path. I can totally see myself working in tech. From the programs I was looking at, it looks like they’re mostly online, and relatively cheap at that. It’s definitely something to look into and think about. I was kind of surprised – I brought it up to Mike and he was all for it. He thinks that that would be something that I would really enjoy. I can see him being right, like he normally is.
I guess that’s it for this week. I’m off tomorrow, so I’ve got a lot to do, but I’ll be sure to drop at least a quick entry at some point.
I hope that everyone has a good week. Stay safe, friends!