I have to say, since my second vac I have been exhauted. But I’m feeling a little better everyday, and I think tonight I’m going to brave the gym for the first time since Wednesday. I did about half of a home workout last night and was just too tired between being tired in general, and being tired after a long and hard day at work. So I cashed it in for the night and went and relaxed.
By and large the week wasn’t all that exciting. I spent some time color coding a bunch of stuff in my planner and reorganizing my desk. I wanted to go into vacation week with a renewed sense of purpose, and being on top of things is going to help. I know, I’m a dork, but I like being able to see everything at a glance.
So last week, here we go.
- Workouts and diet were both really good at the beginning of the week. I’m learning how to drill down on macros and have been having success. Weight was definitely down at the beginning of the week, but went up after the exhaustion set in as I kind of let things go, back I’m already back down almost two pounds after two days of eating right. If you’re at all interested in learning what you theoretically should be eating instead of just counting calories, check out this macro calculator. At first I was very skeptical of the whole thing, but I’m seeing results, and I’m not hungry all of the time like I was when I was just eating to a calorie deficit. I also found this great page that gives you ideas of what you can eat in a pinch, if needed. I feel like this is much more sustainable than eating at a crazy calorie deficit.
- I’m definitely making progress at the gym – I’m able to jog more and more each time I hit the treadmill. When I started I was at about a 20 min/mile. I’m down to almost a 15 min/mile. I’m striving to jog more and walk less each time. I think in the next week or two I might start the couch 2 5k program now that I’m starting to feel more ready. I plan on spending a lot of time at the gym this week since I’m off, and less time working out at home since I generally don’t have to worry about a schedule this week and having to workout late and be up relatively early the next morning.
- Despite being exhausted my mental health has been pretty good. I’ve gotten things done, I’ve made plans for this week, I haven’t really had a problem with anxiety or depression all week, which is great. Now if I can only kick this physical exhaustion nothing is going to stop me this week.
- The cats are all doing well, the girls are all acclimated and assimilated into the house. I had forgotten what it was like to have kittens, and let’s just say we’re very glad we took both girls as they have someone to run around the house like lunatics with. I think had we only adopted one, she would have ended up very disengaged (this is not the right word, but I can’t think of what I’m trying to say) without that play buddy.
- I’ve been spending a lot less time on social media this week. I’m trying to limit myself to 1.5 hours a day or less. I’m trying to end the mindless scrolling through Facebook. Instead, I’ve been reading more, watching TV (not the best substitute, but there’s a lot of stuff I want to get to on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc. that I just never seemed to get to). I’m going to try to get in some crocheting this week while I’m off while I watch TV. I’ve got the office set up so that I can sit on the bed and watch something on the main monitor and start sewing together that damn blanket.
- Product of the week: So, I got really sick of constantly having to do my nails. I didn’t want to shell out the money every 2-3 weeks to get them done, so I’ve been doing them myself for quite sometime. I’m not half bad at it, but it still takes more time than I would like, and despite having longer nails I could never get them the shape I wanted, let alone a uniform shape and length. And then I found these on Amazon. Yes, they’re press on, but they’re a good length, they look good, and I’ve had them on for about a week and a half with no issue. Best part? It takes 5-10 minutes to put them on because it’s a glue sticker. And once you need to change them due to growth or just wanting to change, you peel them right off. I’m super impressed. They’re also sturdy. I’ve put up trucks at work, gone to the gym, cleaned the house, and they haven’t budged. I’ve been wearing matte black (because, let’s face it, I usually wear black nail polish and clothes) , and they look amazing (I’ve gotten a number of compliments on them) but I just bought another set with a bunch of other colors as well as more stickers. I’m a little obsessed.
I think I’m going to head to the gym before Mike gets home and we go to my parents’ house for dinner. That pretty much wraps up the week anyway.
I hope everyone has a great week. Happy Easter! And stay safe, friend!