I was working on the schedule today at work, and I had to check twice to make sure I was working on the right week. Next week can’t be June already, can it? Yeah, it really is. Hard to believe this year is almost half gone.
So here’s the recap:
- My company announced last week that as of Monday (tomorrow), if you’re vaccinated, you don’t have to wear a mask. I’m actually kind of nervous about it. For a year the mask has been kind of a shield. That, and people can’t see when I mouth “fuck you” at them for being a right pain in the ass. It’s going to be an interesting week.
- The change up to the diet and exercise is going well. The scale is finally moving in the right direction, and I’m already noticing physical changes and my clothes are fitting slightly differently. I’m really knuckling down on macros and working out whenever I can, which is not every day. I did cardio and arms at the gym the other day, and yesterday I could barely lift my arms. Oops? I may have overdone it a little bit.
- Sleep is actually pretty good. I’ve been getting around 7-8 hours a night, and they’ve been restful. I’m not waking up as exhausted as I was. Is it more than just a fleeting thing? Who knows. I guess we’ll find out. But I’m cautiously optimistic.
- I had to rearrange my desk a bit. My laptop was on a stand on the corner of the desk, but with it getting warmer, not enough air was getting back there and I kept getting notifications that it was overheating. We can’t have that – the last thing I want to do is have to buy a new laptop, so I flipped everything around on the main part of the desk. It’s taking some getting used to, but I actually have a little more room.
- Next week when I’m on vacation is going to be the big organization of the kitchen. I’m already starting to game plan what I’m going to need to do. I’m also trying to not do any grocery shopping until it’s done so there’s left stuff to move around in the fridge or storage. I’m trying really hard not to dive into it now, but I know I don’t have the time to do it properly. I need to wait until I have a full, uninterrupted day to devote to it. It’s going to be a big project, so I need to devote the time to it.
- Mike and I were able to spend some time together just relaxing on the couch watching TV. We’re going to a baseball game this week, so I’m really looking forward to that.
- All in all, it was a good week. Nothing major happened, positive or negative.
I hope everyone has a good week. The weather is finally warming up (a little too warm, too early if you ask me), and it’s looking to be a gorgeous week ahead.