Well the party was a resounding success. I’m glad we scaled down drastically when compared to parties of the last few years. We had a great time, our friends had a great time. We ate, drank, chatted, and laughed. It was a really nice time. Most of stayed relatively sober into buzzed. My brother got drunk for the first time (he wouldn’t listen when we told him to slow down, so we figured best place to learn that lesson was with us rather than at some rando house party with people he didn’t know too well, if at all. He learned the lesson and he learned it well.) By and large it was a great day. I’ve got today and tomorrow off and then head back to work on Tuesday.
- I got a ton of stuff done this week. The house is in the best shape it’s been in for quite some time. I got some projects done around the house – adding to the picture wall in the staircase, getting some things added to my office, getting the kitchen cleaned out and organized, getting the closets and the dressers cleaned out and organized, to name some of the bigger projects. In prep for the party there was a hell of a deep cleaning that happened, and it was nice waking up today after all was said and done to a clean house.
- The landscaping is done. We’ve been talking for the last few years about extending one of the flower beds into the front yard and landscaping it. That was backbreaking work, but it looks fantastic. Mulching everything was also backbreaking as hell. We got way too much mulch delivered, but we found uses for it. To be honest, some of it is stashed behind the raised bed until fall when it cools down a bit – we may strip and mulch the hill behind the house.
- A lot of this vacation was dedicated to getting things done around the house and getting ready for the party. I tried getting everything done before Mike started his vacation so we could spend some time together and hang out.
- I just discovered that buzzed me ordered a flamingo light from Target last night. I just saw the email that it was ready for pickup. I told Mike and he just laughed and said, “yeah, I remember that.” As soon as he’s off the phone with work we’re going to pick it up. I have no idea where I’m going to put it.
- I made some progress in the coding classes that I’m taking, not as much as I would have liked, but still some.
- Fitness wise things were good – I made it to the gym a few days, I’m getting more used to tracking by weight rather than by “serving size.” Unfortunately this means weighing everything I eat at home, or ballparking it when I get out.
- I changed some things up style-wise: new jewelry, new makeup. It was nice to be able to play a little bit without the constraints of work-appropriate attire.
This vacation was really about getting my space together to help get my head together. It was about relaxing in the evening with Mike. It was about spending time with our friends. I don’t need to physically go somewhere – I’m very much a homebody. I like being at home with Mike and the cats. I like being in my space. Don’t get me wrong, I love to travel and do new things, but I really treasure my time at home. And I like it when that home is neat and tidy and just the way that I want it.